Wednesday 9 October 2013

9th October 2013

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here and apologies for that. So - what have I been doing to distract me? Moving half way round the world of course !! Back in June we watched the packers come in, pack all our possessions including my craft room of course, into a container. It was duly shipped around the world to Melbourne, Australia.

We got here a little faster than the container, arriving 3 weeks ahead of it in time to find a new home. We are now unpacked and settled, with a couple of minor distractions. We have set up a craft business with our daughter and it's been all go and in the midst of all that excitement she also got married, so we have had the most wonderful wedding to enjoy as well including all the excitement and planning leading up to the big day.

As part of our business, we've already had a stand at two shows including Paperific, which is a 'biggie' here in Melbourne. This weekend we are going to be at the Picture to Page Show and so looking forward to showing people some of our favourite products.

We are big fans of the Paper Artsy range and stock a good supply of their fantastic Fresco Finish Paints which come in 3 opacities. Such a joy to use, quick drying and the finish is gorgeous. Lots of yummy colours and we also have the new colours which have just been released. 

We have lots of other goodies too - to much to talk about here, but take a peep at our website at www.CraftersCupboard.com.au to get an idea of what we have been doing.

In the midst of all of this, I've managed to keep up with my card making and also ventured into the altered art/mixed media space. Here's a couple of photos of some of the things I've been up to:

A canvas that took on a mind of it's own. I had lots of fun playing with Grunge Paste, Dyes, Ink, Treasure Gold and lots of other goodies mixed with flower & metal to get this end result.

I just loved doing this tag - think it was the Blue & Brown colour scheme, one of my favourites. Played with lots of paint, ink, metal, flowers, stamped tissue, grunge paste - all sorts ! Doing a workshop on this tag in a few weeks.
I'm back into blog land now and determined to keep my posts up on a more regular basis. Hope you've enjoyed this latest peep into my world. See you soon

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog.